So, my plan had been to finish the next novel in October and get to work on the third in November. Last weekend I was supposed to get everything done so I could present it to beta readers. Alas, that was not to be. I did write several thousand words but not enough to get even close to done, and even less this week. Not a lot of good excuses other than life. Between my wife being in nursing school, my finishing up this latest MBA class, a two and a half year old, and Halloween, I just ran out of time and it’s not done yet so it’s not happening.
Okay, yeah, I also got Arkham Origins and no that wasn’t as conducive to productivity as I would have liked.
Life and lemons, you get the point.
That said, I will continue working to get this done. Hopefully I can get it done some time this month and spend Nov and Dec working on the third novel. I don’t think I’ll catch up, but I can try. I want to be doing something while people are reading.
I also have my sales report for October. I was four short of selling 4 a day, ending up at 3.87 a day, a 15% increase over the past month. I also had 6 borrows, sold 8 copies of Heartless and two copies of Oliver Black. I’m pretty happy with these results, but November will be the real test to see how things continue. That will be when Sorcerer Rising drops off the past ninety days list and I will lose that primary discovery choice. I didn’t see an effect when it fell of the thirty days list, if anything it improved, but I that doesn’t mean the same will be true in this instance.
Lastly, my plan for the weekend is to continue editing. I also want to take a look at getting a print back and spine for Sorcerer Rising to finally get it in print and part of the MatchBook program.