The main thing is to continue editing. That’s where most of my new words are coming from for this. There are a lot of people who disagree that editing is adding new words, but that’s part of how I do things. And I’m not counting the words I add when I delete something, just counting the net positive gain at the end.
Most of the beginning of the story is good, it’s just polish, so I definitely want to get through that part this weekend and start on the second half. That’s where new scenes need to be added (which is where I’m going to get my new words) and I want to really dig into that.
I’d also like to work on some short stories. I have one that I completed a year ago. It wasn’t until I was done with it that I realized it could, and probably did, happen in Virgil’s world. I want to make a few changes and tweaks and then send it out to the newsletter subscribers. If you’re interested in getting it, and all my other short stories, then sign up here. I also have a half written one I’d like to complete and another idea that I don’t think would take too long.
On the more administrative side of things, I want to work on the cover for Sorcerer Rising for Createspace. The only thing holding it back from being in print is the fact that I don’t have the cover right. The two things I need to do are create a back and spine and then size everything to match the book. That’ll mean figuring out Createspace’s template and a lot more about Gimp.