Okay, I spent all weekend and Monday and Tuesday fighting off this cold. And because this is just how it works, I ended up dragging my wife and son into that particular battle as well.
So, now that I we are all getting over it, I am coming back to the blog. I failed to do my Lore post Tuesday, so instead of trying to catch up, I’ll just post it next week.
An update on things, I finished reading through the proof copy this weekend and then applied all of the edits I found. That went a lot smoother than I thought.
So what do I have left?
- Spelling/Continuity check on one name that I spelled all over the place and two words I changed. (I think I corrected all these, but I need to go through and make sure)
- I have a handful of paragraphs that need some fine tuning. I didn’t want to do while editing.
- I would like to trim chapters 3, 4, and 6.
- Thinking about moving a chapter. This is a chapter near the beginning that I have removed, moved, and added back several times. It fits into the story but not in an obvious manner, and can happen later. I have debated this back and forth and am going to go back to my beta readers to get the final on this.
- There are two chapters I would like to flesh out with possible scenes. I haven’t decided if I’m going to pull the trigger on this yet though.
Everything else is pretty much done. Formatting is good unless Createspace kicks something back. It looks good on KDP except for two issues I think I can correct with a Google search, or if worse comes to worse, minor editing. The cover should match up with 5.25×8, though I haven’t verified this, but again, I think it would just be a matter of resizing in GIMP.