As far as print on Createspace, I am good to go. I think. I have ordered the proof, and we will see.
The issue with the cover turned out not to be Createspace but myself. When I converted the file from a png to a pdf, I did not “flatten” the image. Up until about three yesterday, I had no idea what that meant or how to go about it. Aubrey Watt on YouTube has an excellent video on it though and that, along with a combination of clicking a bunch of things that I haven’t quite figure out when converting, made it work.
I have discovered, however, that on KDP, there are some formatting issues. Nothing major, but enough to make the left side of my face twitch. The chapter headings all have the last letter lowercase and the first paragraph for each chapter, which is supposed to be left aligned, is indented double. It also didn’t convert over the small caps I had made the first phrase. This issue is only present in the original kindle and iOS platforms. The small caps are no big deal, the indent probably isn’t either, but I’ll be damned if I’m going to have the letters in different cases like that.
That’s what it looks like! Gnashing! That’s the right description. I am gnashing my teeth!